Acne is both a common and mysterious condition, and can prove annoyingly difficult to get rid of. There are many myths about acne and acne prevention floating around that can actually make matters worse! For one thing, not only teens get acne–it also affects up to 40% of adults, particularly women. Things like overwashing your face and eating a diet heavy in grains and processed sugars can cause or worsen acne, and, while sun exposure does nothing for acne, moisturizing can help reduce it. There are over-the-counter medications that can help treat acne as well, and salicylic acid acid washes are a good choice to prevent breakouts–but avoid rubbing alcohol, which can cause an imbalance in the bacterial population of your skin. Learning the difference between myths and facts about acne can help you treat or prevent breakouts much more effectively.
- 1Whether you get white heads, black heads, zits, or cysts, we’ve all tried a remedy that has failed miserably. Knowing what is truly effective versus what is just folklore can help take the right steps to clear up your skin, and it can also help prevent future damage in the long run.
- 2It takes finding the right treatment for a particular type of acne and patient, which takes some understanding of the different types of acne and which therapies would be best.”
- 3Whether initiated by a dermatologist or just a friend, many people are simply overusing their acne treatments,” says Swann. “I often recommend slowly implementing a regimen or waiting to add particularly irritating agent until your acne is beginning to clear up to offset this tendency
Sweat itself doesn’t cause acne, but it can cause conditions in which acne is more likely to form. Irritants like dust and dirt are more likely to stick to moist skin, which can lead to clogged pores, according to How Stuff Works.
Read the full article at: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.bustle.com/articles/177202-11-myths-about-acne-busted-once-for-all&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjgzYTlkMzY3NDRmNjczNDk6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNEMjOEKCnfXP7lz0s5yE8baXY24cg
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021