Scars are unwanted results from injury or surgery. Often they cause undesirable symptoms as well as insecurity with their appearance. Taking good care of a wound can minimize the symptoms and unwanted appearance, but there are also treatments possible after the healing is final. One major way to take care of a wound is to minimize the amount of sun it receives. Some of the post healing treatments are as follows: Injections of triamcinolone (cortisone) or 5-fluorouracil, pulsed-dye laser treatment, Non-ablative Laser Treatment, Microneedling, Radiofrequency Microneedling, and Ablative Laser Treatment. Since there are so many treatments available in modern medicine, it is best to consult with your doctor who will be more than happy to help you determine what treatment will be best suited for the type of scar you are worried about.
- 1If you have recently developed a scar, either from a surgery or injury to the skin, it is important to keep it protected from the sun while it is healing.
- 2If the wound is healed and you desire further improvement in the appearance of the scar, consider treatment sooner rather than later.
- 3If you have acne scars, surgical scars, or any other type of scar, talk to your doctor about the option that will work best for you.
If you have acne scars, surgical scars, or any other type of scar, talk to your doctor about the option that will be optimal. With all of the currently available technologies, there will be a modality that will work best for you.
Read the full article at: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/06/13/6-treatments-to-say-goodbye-to-scars/&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjgzYTlkMzY3NDRmNjczNDk6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNEBo8kL2J_rZmK4ZYaw5u4Cag-kbA
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018