A new OTC drug for acne has just passed the FDA approval process for the first time in over 30 years. The chemical, adapalene gel, goes by the brand name Differin. The treatment has been available under prescription for years, but has only recently been made accessible to interested parties over the counter. Differin is a once-a-day treatment, for facial and body application, meant to treat current and future breakouts. The drug is aimed at the nearly half of all acne medication users who are dissatisfied with their current treatment. Differin is free of any artificial ingredients which might dry or otherwise irritate skin. The company that produces Differin, Galderma, is very excited about their new drug and looks forward to working with doctors and patients to best utilize the new drug.
- 1A new OTC active ingredient for acne hasn’t been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since the 1980s.
- 2Offering potential relief to as many as 60 million people in the United States, the treatment is partly targeted to the 45% of adults who are not satisfied with their current anti-acne products
- 3Differin Gel 0.1% is fragrance-, oil- and alcohol-free and can be applied directly to the full-face or other affected areas for people 12 years and older with acne.
Differin Gel 0.1% is fragrance-, oil- and alcohol-free and can be applied directly to the full-face or other affected areas for people 12 years and older with acne.
Read the full article at: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.skininc.com/skinscience/ingredients/Differin-Gel-Anti-Acne-Game-changer–387003291.html&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjgzYTlkMzY3NDRmNjczNDk6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNFI2HigKYorqUgmZvnlRobtH3l5yg
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018