Whenever most of us think about exercise, we think about going into the gym and lifting weights or perhaps running on the treadmill. The fact of the matter is, you can exercise any part of your body and reap the benefits of that exercise. The type of activity that we do in the gym is often very difficult to do and we may tend to push the limits on occasion. There are some ways that we can exercise effortlessly and see some benefits as a result. Although this may surprise you, listen to this exercise and what it can do for you.
The exercise is what it is commonly known as facial yoga and very few people are aware that it even exists. Facial Yoga has been used for thousands of years in ancient Chinese medicine in order to help the face look more youthful. By just spending a few minutes every day doing this activity, you can help tighten the skin on your face and to remove wrinkles, giving yourself a much younger appearance. How is facial yoga done?
There are actually several different facial yoga exercises that you can do on a daily basis.
- For example, one of them is known as the lion and in this exercise you would scrunch your face up as tight as you can possibly get it and then open your eyes wide and stick your tongue out as far as it can go. This helps to stretch the face muscles in different ways and can go a long way in helping you to be able to remove some of your wrinkles.
- You may also do other facial yoga exercises, such as looking to the right as far as possible, holding that pose and then doing the same to the left.
- Suck in a big breath and blow your cheeks up. Now keep your cheeks full while you breathe thru your nose. Hold this pose for one minute. This is to help those wrinkles that form around your mouth.
A simple search on the Internet will show you all of the facial yoga poses that are typically used. The fact of the matter is, as long as you are moving your face in a way that stretches the skin out and moves the muscles, you can make a difference in the way that you look. It really requires very little effort on your part and as long as you are consistent with your efforts, you will be surprised at how much of a difference facial exercises will make.
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Light Therapy Can Help Many Health Issues - January 25, 2021
- From Bottle To Cup:Weaning Baby - January 22, 2021
- Amazing Study Results on White Kidney Bean Extract - January 18, 2021