Washing your face should be a daily habit that all individuals (both men and women!) work into their daily routine. If you don’t cleanse, it can actually increase any current skin issues you may have. Oily skin gets oilier this can lead to break outs and acne. Dry skin gets dryer and the appearance gets duller.
Cleansing is important because:
- It clears away makeup, oil, dirt, sunscreen, pollutants, sweat and dead skin cells.
- If you use any kind of skin cream or moisturizer it will not work effectively because without being applied to a clean face, it cannot do it’s job and be absorbed properly.
- Not washing daily also assures that you will hide that healthy glow, and that can make skin look older!
- Without washing, skin cannot properly regenerate while we sleep.
- That nightly wash keeps your pillow clean from allergens and makeup residue.
- Pores can become clogged and this has to potential to lead to skin infections, especially for those with dry, itchy skin.
Over cleansing must be avoided, though. This can make even the healthiest skin dry out, especially in the colder months. It can remove essential oils that are needed by our faces to keep the appearance of healthy skin which could be replaced by dry, flaky, itchy skin. Much of this depends on the time of year and where you live. Cleansing twice per day is optimal.
Washing daily is a good habit to start your day with. Aside from washing away dirt and grime, it helps your face look healthy.
I will never stop washing my face. This is gross! #HealthStatus
- 1A basic face washing is the most important step in your skin care routine.
- 2Put your cleanser in plain sight and get in the habit of taking care of your face twice per day.
- 3Do not over cleanse with harsh cleaners or wash too frequently.
See the original at: https://www.allure.com/story/how-not-washing-face-affects-skin