Every year, millions of United States citizens are stricken with symptoms from allergies. Allergists are looking to offer relief by forming a new group to look at guidelines on how people can effectively manage the troublesome effects.
Their recommendation is topped by advising allergy sufferers to use nasal steroid sprays. The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, both agree on this treatment method. Available over the counter, the nasal sprays are simple to obtain and use. And they’re not pricey; for most people, a nasal spray that will treat their symptoms for a month is twenty dollars or less.
Not only are the nasal sprays readily available and in reach of consumers, but they’re also highly effective than most other allergy medications and treatments during the onset of allergy symptoms. And their side effects are minor and not numerous. The worst of the side effects are typically dry or itchy nose after use, and occasionally some minor nose bleeding. But good technique when using the nasal sprays can minimize this from occurring, and most doctors can easily teach a concerned patient how to properly utilize the nasal spray.
Considering that many allergy sufferers can be susceptible to one or more different kinds of allergens, quick relief that works is welcome.
Allergists say the best allergy treatment starts with a good nasal spray; here’s why. #HealthStatus
- 1Over-the-county nasal steroids are the recommended treatment for most allergy suffers age 12 and older.
- 2For more severe cases, a nasal antihistamine can be a useful adjunct.
- 3Allergy shots are an option that have the potential to make a person less allergic,but they require a substantial time commitment.
See the original at: https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_169998.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019