Everyone knows that their bodies will age with time, and that, unfortunately, in many regards, they will lose their peak abilities after a certain age. However, that doesn’t mean that one needs to be complacent and just give in to the passage of time. More and more, we’re seeing older and older adults as living proof of the “use it or lose it” mantra, achieving athletic and health-related feats that previous generations would have thought impossible at their age. It’s clear that, while you can’t fight time 100%, there are in fact key actions that you can take to help slow it as much as possible.
The groundwork of those efforts needs to be laid near your athletic peak, in your 20’s and 30’s. And there are some exercises that you can focus on in particular to target the effects of aging. Specifically, research has shown that long-distance, aerobic exercise can have a particular targeted response on averting age-based degradation of immune function. In order to reap these benefits, though, you’ll need to put in some serious distance, with sessions exceeding an hour in many cases. However, the results will be worth it, as you’ll keep performing at your peak well into your older years.
Exercise doesn’t have to be the impossible dream. Start small, set clear goals, and get healthy. #HealthStatus
- 1People in their 20’s and 30’s can do their part to slow down aging.
- 2Get lots of exercise and stick with a program to slow down aging.
- 3Better health will also promote an improved immune system.
See the original at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/exercises-to-do-in-20s-and-30s-to-slow-aging
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021