If you have been suffering from a bodily pain or mental stress, massage therapy might be good for you. Massages offer short-term relief from muscle pain in the body, along with many other health benefits with many different types of massages to choose from. Massages are also a more inexpensive way to find pain relief with less side effects than surgeries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you are looking for a way to receive short-term pain relief, consider speaking to a trained massage therapist in your area.
- 1The use of complementary treatments for a variety of health issues is becoming increasingly popular, despite conflicting evidence of success – massage therapy is one such treatment.
- 2While the benefits of massage alone appear to be short-term and unexplainable, it does seem to produce local biochemical changes, increasing neural activity, which may affect mood and pain perception.
- 3The most promising way to reap the benefits of massage therapy, would be in conjunction with other complementary treatments (like acupuncture and other relaxation techniques).
From acupuncture to herbal remedies, there are an array of options outside the world of doctors and surgeries to which people can turn for help
Read the full article at: http://www.apmhealth.com/blog/an-in-depth-look-at-massage-therapy-for-pain
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Fibromyalgia - February 21, 2019
- Decreased Deep Sleep Linked to Early Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease - February 20, 2019
- Eye Health – Cataracts - February 18, 2019