To the surprise of many, exercise can actually help with knee pain although it seems counter intuitive to do anything but rest. The American Academy of Orthopedics has recommendations regarding knee pain that can help strengthen the joint and reduce overall pain. It is important that you start very slowly and build up to more intense exercise over time. If you progress yourself slowly you can increase the number of repetitions you perform and amount of weight you use over a long period of time. It is important to remember that a bit of discomfort with exercise is normal, but true pain is abnormal. If you feel pain you must stop your exercise immediately to avoid damaging your joint. On the topic of pain, it is important that you do not push yourself so hard that you feel pain the next day. Soreness is normal, but pain is not! To develop the best exercise plan for you it is best to consult with a physical therapist or health care provider. One of these professionals can help you develop a plan that will not only help you the most but will also be tailored to your specific needs and safety requirements.
Do your knees hurt? Is your goal to manage pain? Click here to find out how! #HealthStatus
- 1Always consult a doctor or therapist before starting exercise program.
- 2Never continue to workout through pain. Discomfort is normal but not pain.
- 3Start with a few repetitions and then work your way to more.
See the original at: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=204973
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018