Many of us work in an environment where we sit for long periods of time, with little or no movement of major muscle groups. This can cause or aggravate low back or neck pain and cause even small movements to become very painful. Fortunately, according to William J. Hanney, an instructor in the Physical Therapy program at the University of Central Florida, workers can improve or even prevent symptoms of chronic neck pain by completing simple exercises done while seated or standing. The exercises he suggests require only 5 or 10 minutes every 2 to 3 hours to be effective and do not require any special equipment or clothing. The article also provides instructions and illustrations of some of these exercises, along with tips on how to ensure that they are being done correctly.
- 1Neck pain can be caused by many different factors in todays increasingly sedentary life/work environments.
- 2Exercise and stretching need to be utilized to better cope with the in work problems of pain and uncomfortableness
- 3Different exercises can used to target specific muscle groups.
As more and more office workers complain of neck pains and headaches affecting their functionality and effectiveness in daily activities and work, accommodations must be made for exercise and easy mobilization in the workplace.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021