Osteoporosis affects many people and causes major symptoms as people age.The video describes the importance of the skeletal system and how osteoporosis affects the ability to move freely and comfortably. Using entertaining medical animation, the video describes and shows how osteoporosis occurs and how to prevent and treat it. There are two types of osteoporosis and both can be caused by various factors. A person has a greater risk of developing both types if they do not develop enough bone mass as they transition from childhood to adulthood. There are also various risk factors that contribute to a person’s risk of developing either types of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a problem because it increases the likelihood that bones will break under certain conditions. There are several ways to prevent and treat osteoporosis.
Key Points of Video:
- 1People reach peak bone mass in their 30s; after that, bone density tends to decrease, and could lead to osteoporosis, a condition that leads to weakened bones.
- 2The two main types of osteoporosis are primary osteoporosis, which is usually related to older age, and secondary osteoporosis, which affects both children and adults.
- 3Building strong healthy bones through a diet rich in calcium and vitamins, and getting regular exercise, can help prevent as well as treat osteoporosis.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021