People with lower back pain should try some drug free alternatives before reaching for prescription pain killers which come with their own set of complications. Lower back pain is the most widely recognized reason that Americans visit a specialist, per the American College of Physicians.
For pain that has lasted less than 12 weeks:
Yoga / Exercise
Chronic pain that lasts longer than 12 weeks:
There are dangers of using sedatives or opiates to control your pain. Becoming addicted to them is enough to give one pause.
Talk with your health care professional before choosing a drug treatment.
You should follow the guidelines and definitely do not skip trying drug free options for back pain. #HealthStatus
- 1There are several different drug free options that a person can use to treat lower back pain.
- 2Exercise has shown to be the most effective drug free treatment.
- 3The goal is to structure non invasive treatments first prior to other treatments.
See the original at: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=201672
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Genes Found Related to the Reduction of Proteins that Contribute to Alzheimer’s Onset - July 16, 2018
- Resveratrol Supplements Are Finally Put to the Test - July 16, 2018
- Indirect Decompression to Treat Spinal Stenosis - July 14, 2018