Knee arthritis can be a debilitating and painful condition, as its sufferers know all too well. It arises as a degenerative condition, in which the cartilage, fluids, and other components of the knee are broken down from years and years of repetitive stresses such as torsion, impacts, and other abrupt movements. This degradation can even progress to the point at which there is direct contact between the bones of the knee joint, with effectively no shock absorption material remaining.
Traditionally, arthritis of the knee has been treated in a number of conservative manners, such as through the use of non-prescription and prescription pain relievers, physical therapy, and the application of topical products, heat, and ice.
However, when these conservative measures fail, a more aggressive therapy, known as a viscosupplementation, can be undertaken. In this procedure, a doctor injects fluid – specifically synthetic hyaluronic acid – directly into the knee joint, replacing the natural fluid that has been degraded and lost over time. This treatment can be a one-time procedure, or can be done repeatedly as needed. After the completion of this therapy, patients often feel significant relief for up to six months, after which the need for additional therapy can be reassessed.
Aching knees don’t have to be lived with; there’s treatment for your pain. Learn more here. #HealthStatus
- 1Viscosupplementation is an effective way for treating knee pain and stiffness when other techniques like perscription drugs don’t work.
- 2Viscosupplementation is done by injecting a synthetic fluid into the knee.
- 3Relief typically lasts for about 6 months, and the process can be repeated after that time.
Designed to help people who may want an alternative to NSAIDs or non-steroidal drugs and aspirin, OR those who no longer qualify for a prescription (as well as those who simply reject pharmaceutical drugs) yet have discomfort related to some physical trauma. Naturally help EASE your body from daily wear and tear, with Turmacin that may support healthy muscles and joints.
- Can support body’s response to inflammation
- May support healthy responses to physical tension
- May be taken daily
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How To Check The Legitimacy Of Your Medicines - June 4, 2020
- How To Fix Your Sleep Schedule: The Only Guide You Need - June 1, 2020
- Year-Round Habits For A Healthier Immune System - May 31, 2020