If you want to lose weight, you need to do one important thing: burn stored fat! But how? Below are some of the simplest, yet most effective things you can do to burn more fat each day and lose weight easily.
1) Enjoy citrus fruits. Citrus fruits are one of the most powerful weapons in your weight loss arsenal for several reasons. First, citrus fruits are high in fiber which can help stabilize blood sugar so you feel less hungry. They also have an alkalizing effect on the body, which helps reduce bloating and inflammation and improves energy levels. Finally, citrus fruits are high in vitamin C, which can help boost immune function, and they are low in calories which makes them a perfect addition to any weight loss plan.
2) Other fat-fighting foods. Beyond citrus fruits, there are other foods that are well-known to help your body burn stored fat, and these include leafy green vegetables, whole grains, oats, beans, and lean protein. Include a few servings of these foods every day and you’ll notice that losing weight is easier.
3) Healthy fats. Fat has gotten a bad reputation in the past several years, but it’s the type of fat that matters. Saturated fat and trans fat are the bad guys, and you’ll want to avoid them. But monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat are actually GOOD for you. These good fats can be found in olive oil, avocados, vegetable oils, nuts, and fish. Eating healthy forms of fat every day helps you feel more satisfied (i.e. less hungry) and provides excellent health benefits.
4) Boost your metabolism. The worst thing you can do when you want to lose weight is starve yourself. When you don’t eat regularly, your body immediately slows everything down to conserve energy and protect vital organ functions. If you eat frequently throughout the day, your body feels no need to slow down your metabolism, so you burn more fat. However, be sure to eat smaller portions than you normally would – you don’t want to eat big, heavy meals with a lot of calories. Small meals and snacks are best, just enough so that you don’t feel hungry anymore, but you’re not overly full either.
5) Boost your metabolism even more. Did you know that there are certain foods and beverages that can help fire up your metabolism so you lose even more weight? For example: green tea, cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon, lemons and grapefruit. Eating and drinking these things alone probably won’t be enough to make you lose a significant amount of weight, but when you combine them with a healthy, low-calorie diet and workout routine, they can certainly help you burn a few extra calories a day, which really adds up over time.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Important Reasons Why You Need Relationship Goals - July 17, 2018
- A Critical Look at CBD Oil: The Effects and Benefits - March 28, 2018
- CBD Oil: Benefits, Uses & Side Effects - March 2, 2018