The advancement of technology has seen a lot of improvements in terms of exercise equipment and devices. One such device is the heart rate monitor. You can find heart rate monitors almost everywhere now. For example, they are attached to many cardio machines at the gym. Heart rate monitors are a good way go gauge the intensity and level of your exercise without having to stop and count your pulse.
Kinds of Heart Rate Monitors
There are two common kinds of heart rate monitors. One is the heart rate monitor watch and the other is strapless.
As the name implies, a heart rate monitor watch is a device attached to the wrist. A chest strap monitors your heart rate and sends the information to a watch. That way you can easily see your stats.
The strapless monitors are much more convenient to use. Rather than a chest strap, these devices allow you to monitor your heart rate by placing two fingers onto the sensors provided in the device for about 5 to 15 seconds.
Benefits of Using Heart Rate Monitors
There are a lot of benefits that one can get from wearing heart rate monitors when exercising:
- They are more convenient than manually counting the heart rate.
- They are more accurate than manually counting your heart rate.
- They easily help you monitor your exercise level and increase the level and intensity
- They will give you a signal if you are overexerting yourself and need to slow down
Getting healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. HealthStatus can help! To learn more about this and other ways you can improve your health, check us out today!
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Post Workout Drink: Pickle Juice? - May 22, 2019
- Can You Still Get Mumps Even Though You Are Vaccinated? - May 20, 2019
- Are Eggs Good or Bad for You? New Research Rekindles Debate - May 15, 2019