Tabata and a variety of short HIIT formats are highly popular intense forms of interval training. Research shows that Tabata and short HIIT workouts can be used to increase both aerobic and anaerobic fitness, promote fat loss, and even improve blood pressure, insulin sensitivity, and glucose regulation in a relatively short time.
- 1Despite doing shorter exercise sessions that actually burned less calories, the group that did HIIT sessions lost substantially more body fat compared with a second group of participants who trained for longer durations doing steady-state, continuous, endurance exercise
- 2Tabata yields a notable improvement in aerobic fitness
- 3HIIT workouts generally alternate “effort” or “burst” intervals, typically ranging between approximately 10 and 60 seconds, with “recovery” or “rest” intervals
Research shows that Tabata and HIIT produce similar changes in cardiovascular fitness, have the potential to improve body composition, and can even ameliorate risk factors such as insulin action in far less time compared with traditional, moderate-intensity, steady-state 30 to 40-minute cardio sessions.
Read the full article at: http://journals.lww.com/acsm-healthfitness/Fulltext/2014/09000/TABATA__It_s_a_HIIT_.6.aspx
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018