There’s a lot stress and pressure in this fast paced rushed world we live in, now add the demands of planning a wedding and all the details involved…hello bridezilla!
Stress will exasperate the symptoms but the truth is that nutritional deficiencies that can cause side effects like anxiety, moodiness, depression and lack of motivation even when those extra demands aren’t a factor.
Most people don’t connect diet with their physical health, never mind their mental health but science shows that what you eat directly impacts your health including your brain health. Lack of focus, brain-fog, irritability, anxiety and depression can be connected to a lack of nutrients in your current diet.
Especially during this time, getting ready for your big day, you are “watching” what you are eating with the goal to be “wedding dress ready.” The problem is with all the misinformation in the nutritional world it can be really confusing on what, when and how much to eat. Those messages of “eat less” and “cut calories” have you buying the foods with labels saying fat-free and low calories on the packages. These foods are usually nutrient deficient and full of ingredients like sugar or artificial sweeteners. When we don’t get the nutrients our bodies crave and need it causes us to never feel quite satisfied, so we have hunger and cravings. Which is another contribution to feeling and acting like a bridezilla!
I don’t want to imply that there are only 2 nutrients responsible for happy brides but these 2 are really important in brain health. Lets start with a basic foundation of a diet full of real food; vegetables and fruit (preferably organic), high quality fats and protein and supplements. Minimize or eliminate fake food that is not supporting your bride fit body & mind. This is where a Bride Fit Coach like me can help you with how to eat and move that will produce positive results in your health and get you wedding dress ready for your big day! You can go through this bride fit program for the secrets and specific formula to be Bride Fit in your body, mind, & more!
The two very important nutrients you absolutely need in your diet to make happy bride are:
- OMEGA-3 fatty acids found in wild salmon, sardines and some raw nuts & seeds like walnuts and chia seeds. Researches attribute the decline in people eating omega-3 fatty acids in the increase in depression. Supplementing with fish oil everyday is a great way to ensure you are getting optimal levels of omega-3. Notice I said optimal and not adequate! Just like food, not all supplements are created equal, when choosing supplements make sure they are GMP (good manufacturing practice) certified. I use supplements manufactured through a health science company that are GMP certified and pharmaceutical grade.
- Vitamin D deficiency contributes to many physical and psychological conditions affecting scores of people. Most medical professionals recommend supplementing with 2000-5000 IU’s of vitamin D3 per day. Ask your doctor to test your vitamin D levels; between 50-80 ng/ML are Get more information on vitamin D and its links to mental and physical health visit the organization Vitamin D Council.
I want you to be the happiest & healthiest bride possible! To experience the joy & excitement of planning your wedding and living an amazing life filled with love & happiness “ever after.”
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017