I know there’s advice coming from all directions about how to get healthy and fit. The problem is that the advice is conflicting most of the time. “Carbohydrates are the enemy so don’t eat them!” Or “eat carbs, but only at night or before noon!” Workouts should be hard and exhausting, right?
It can be annoying and exhausting to navigate through all the nutrition and fitness advice and figure out what we should do and what should be ignored. The truth is that there is not a “one size fits all” formula. What works for me may not be the best fit for you! However, there are some simple actions that everyone can benefit from and get you on the road to a fit, fabulous & wedding dress ready body!
Here are 5 actions to start now:
- Healthy Gut. Gut health is really important when you want to be healthy and release fat! Things like processed food, gluten, alcohol and stress cause an unhealthy gut. Symptoms like bloating, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, brain fog, headaches, and allergies can be caused by a leaky gut. There are several things to ensure your gut health is good. Drink bone broth, raw apple cider vinegar, aloe-vera juice, take a really good probiotic, reduce or eliminate the top food offenders like gluten, and use a product like GI Revive daily.
- Eat protein and fat in the morning. Skip the “no fat” cereal, oatmeal or yogurt! Eat eggs made with coconut oil or pastured butter, or protein shakes made with coconut milk and blended with avocado, greens and some berries. Starting the day or your first meal with nutrient dense food will keep you satiated and prevent sugar cravings.
- Aim for 10,000 steps per day. Download a simple app on your phone and do the best you can. Start your day with a 15 min walk before you eat. Make it a habit to walk with your partner after dinner. This is not only good for your waistline but it’s a great time to connect and talk without the usual distractions.
- Stop Snacking. If you feel hungry all day you may be a sugar burner versus a fat burner. Snacking happens more out of habit and stress, not hunger. If you eat lots of vegetables, good fat and high quality protein at meals you will be satiated longer and the desire or need to snack will go away.
- Drink Water. Did you know when you feel hungry you may actually be thirsty? Drinking enough water will keep you hydrated and fuller. Shoot for ½ your body weight in ounces per day. Add some lemon or something like pure inventions water enhancers for nutrition and flavor.
As I said, there is no “one size fits all” formula that works for everyone but the above guidelines are a great start! For a roadmap to a wedding dress ready body and secrets to living “healthily & happily ever after” get 12 Weeks To A Fit Bride today! Leave comments or questions below, I love to hear from you!