I’m always really excited to share information that will help you feel confident & beautiful on your Big Day and “ever after!”
I attended a skincare event the other day and met a knowledgeable representative & educator, Kari, for a prestigious skincare company called Image (Image now. Age later). I had a mini-facial by a talented aesthetician, Joan, at my favorite plastic surgeons office using some of the Image products. I loved the feel and the smell of the natural botanicals and essential oils! I can’t wait to try the “must have-day of your wedding day” treatment! Apparently it will have you glowing and lifted after just one treatment! The oxygen lift by Image rejuvenates in less than an hour, releasing the glowing, natural beauty of fresh youthful skin through an invigorating oxygenation process. I’m looking forward to reporting my results as I use the products and create (with the experts) some bridal packages that will guarantee a healthy, hydrated, gorgeous & glowing complexion- Picture Perfect!
What I know for sure is there aren’t any magic pills or treatments that will give you the glowing skin and fit body you so desire on your wedding day! Did you ever hear the saying, “summer bodies are made in the winter?” Healthy bodies and skin come from daily routines. Here’s 5 “musts” to be Picture Perfect on your BIG DAY:
- Nourish. You are what you eat, literally! Nutrition from whole, high quality food and supplements gives you beauty from the inside out. Include a lot of colorful organic vegetables and fruit, wild salmon, pastured eggs, coconut oil, dark chocolate (80% or higher cacao), and raw nuts & seeds in your daily diet. Don’t forget the benefits of bone broth, the Holy Grail for a glowing complexion. Eliminate fake food made with crappy ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated fats, and corn and soy oils.
- Probiotics. Detox inside out. They offer the body regular bowel movements and support a strong immune system. Both are key elements in toxin-free skin. Eating fermented foods and supplementing with a high quality & effective probiotic are essential. Supplements are not created equal and need to be tested for efficacy. Don’t just buy any bottle that says probiotics on it!
- Stress Less. As little as brisk walking 30 minutes 3 times per week has enormous benefits like improving brainpower, boost circulation, decrease tension and keep inflammation in check. Exercise produces endorphins, which improve your mood, boost energy and gives your mind a break for the chaos of everyday life and planning a wedding! Exercise is a no brainer stress release ladies; get moving! Quality sleep is vital in combating stress. What do you do when it’s the stress that prevents a good night of zzz’s? Try turning off the TV and electronic devices at least an hour before bedtime, drinking chamomile herbal tea, and taking a bath with pure essential oils. Lavender is excellent for relaxing the body and mind, sprinkle some on your pillow and diffuse next to your bed and you will sleep like a baby!
- Drink lots of water to flush out toxins. I love adding liquid enhancers for an extra boost and great flavor that contain chlorophyll and antioxidants. Pure Inventions is my favorite, if you order; tell them your Bride Fit Coach sent you! Soaking in a bath with 2 cups of Epsom Salt and ¼ cup of baking soda for detoxify, drawing dirt from your pores and boosting magnesium levels. Magnesium is essential to life, necessary for good health and a vital component within our cells. Helps our bodies maintain balance, avoid illness, perform well under stress and maintain a general state of good health. I’m a huge fan of magnesium and drink a cup of water with a tablespoon of Natural Calm most nights to ensure a great night sleep. Magnesium also supports regular bowel movements, which is really important in releasing toxins.
- Skincare Routine. You will more than likely stick with your skincare routine if you keep it simple. Don’t overuse products and don’t use too many different products on your skin. Visit an aesthetician, like Joan, for a customized skincare regimen. The key to results is consistency with your routine. If it’s in your budget consider a monthly facial in preparation for the big day. If that’s not your situation go for a few and stick to a routine with paraben-free products. I am experimenting with Image now and I also have used and loved the Sense line made by Usana Health Sciences.
Looking forward to expanding on these topics in future blogs and giving you all the tools and information to look and feel your absolute best on your wedding day. Join my 12 WEEKS TO A FIT BRIDE and learn how to get “wedding dress ready” and all the secrets to live healthily & happily ever after!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017