In the middle of the holiday season seems impossible to make time for health & fitness. More than likely you are committing to getting on your Bride Fit Program in the New Year. As your Bride Fit coach, I want to communicate that health & fitness doesn’t have to be all or nothing. This common mindset that you are either “in or out” or “all or nothing” sets us up for failure. It leads to beliefs that you are either “punishing” or “rewarding” yourself based on how “good” or “bad” you are doing in regards to eating and exercising.
I want to give you a different and freeing point of view:
- Unplanned eating or drinking does NOT sabotage your Bride Fit health & fitness plan. If you indulged in dessert, overate at the party or drank an extra cocktail does not mean you should “start again on Monday” and proceed to fill up on fake food on Sunday since you “ruined your diet” on Saturday. Do you see these thoughts are unreasonable?
- Food choices do not determine if you are weak or bad. There is zero punishment or reward that should be connected to food. Love yourself and your body where you are. Choose healthy food because you deserve to feed yourself the highest quality and nutrient dense food available.
Even the smallest changes in your routine will have BIG impact on your health. We often decide to not exercise at all unless we commit to an hour a day at the gym. Did you know that even a 10 minute brisk walk has many benefits? Keep the momentum going, even if you don’t have the time in December to keep up your normal routine, do something to keep movement in your routine.
Here’s one small change to start now that will support your fat release digestion, and detoxification- (drum roll) drink some warm water with ½ lemon and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper in the morning. Commit to this small change that will become a habit in a short time. Ask a friend if she will hold you accountable to small changes you want to implement. Having someone, such as a health coach, to support you with encouragement and idea’s to make small changes simple ensures your results will be sustainable.
What is the first thing you drink in the morning? Are you willing to try drinking lemon water first thing? Leave your comments below. Have a healthy & happy week!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017