It’s every brides desire to look their absolute best on their wedding day. A radiant and glowing complexion, luxurious and shiny hair, strong and healthy-looking nails, sexy and firm arms, and of course a radiant smile with gorgeous white teeth. Sounds expensive! There are some amazing non-surgical procedures from laser hair removal, injectables like Botox and Derma Fillers to CoolSculpting, which is a fat freezing procedure that contours the body by safely and effectively freezing away unwanted fat for good without downtime. That sounds pretty cool (no pun intended)! How about professional facials to teeth whitening. Some brides look to surgical procedures like breast augmentation, tummy tucks and eyelid surgery.
I’m not an expert on the above procedures, but as I always say, “I stand on the shoulders of giants!” If you have a desire to get a consultation regarding any of the above procedures or services and live in NJ or NY, contact Dr. Gregory Greco and mention your Bride Fit Coach sent you!
What if you’re a bride on a budget? Spending extra money for monthly professional facials and teeth whitening isn’t a priority for you.
NOTE: I don’t like to use phrases like, “I don’t have the money for that,” or “that’s way too expensive for my pocketbook.” It feels like derivation and doesn’t feel good. Saying “it’s not a priority for me” feels expansive and freeing. Try it!
Here’s 4 beauty tips for brides that want to allocate their money on other priorities:
- Drink bone broth. This is the holy grail of beautiful glowing skin. I wrote this blog with the details of how to make it, where to get it and all the health & beauty benefits that come with drinking it.
- Eat Real food. The recipe for complexion perfection starts with your diet. Beauty from the inside out! Eating a diet of well-rounded fats like avocado and wild salmon, coconut oil and a variety of vegetables including all colors, will feed your skin in beautiful ways. As a bonus, eating nutritional powerhouse foods do good for the rest of your body, including your Bride Fit Mind.
- Oil pulling. I got your attention, what is that? Oil pulling is a 3,000-year-old Ayurvedic practice of swishing a tablespoon of oil, like coconut oil, around in your mouth every morning (or night) for 20 minutes. It is supposed to cleanse your teeth and gums of bacteria. Besides eliminating plaque and bacteria, oil pulling is supposed to do a lot of other things too: whiten teeth, improve breath, clearer skin, reduced headaches and increased energy. There is definite evidence of it whitening teeth, I think worth an experiment! Take a pic of your grill before you start and see if there’s a noticeable difference in 7-14 days of oil pulling everyday. Let me know!
NOTE: Spit out the coconut oil into a cup and dispose in the garbage NOT the sink! It’s not recommended for the pipes!
- Daily routine. I got some great advice from my friend who’s a make-up artist and aesthetician and uses non-toxic/paraben-free products. She emphasized the importance of routine no matter what skin care line you use. Cleanse, tone, moisturize, exfoliate 2 x’s per week and use glycolic acid serum. I recommend using products that do not contain parabens, which are chemicals that preserve the products and have been linked to cancer. The secret to a radiant Bride Fit complexion is found in your daily routine. I love and use these products, everything you need for a very modest price! The glycolic acid is found in the intensive serum in this line and was just featured on the Dr. Oz show.
NOTE: Anything you put on your skin ends up in your blood quickly. When you add up all the chemicals in soaps, shampoo’s, conditioners, creams, deodorants, perfumes and cosmetic products, it’s a lot! Minimize or eliminate as much as you can. Become conscience about what you put on your skin, which is the largest organ in your body.
I’d love to support you in your journey to becoming Bride Fit in all areas; body, mind, home and relationship. If you haven’t already, JOIN 12 Weeks to a Fit Bride NOW! It’s all the secrets on how to get wedding dress ready and live “happily & healthily ever after.” It’s perfect for the Bride on a Budget!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (View more)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017