Having beautiful skin for the “big day” is a common desire for all brides! The key to a healthy glowing complexion has more to do with what you put in your body than what you put on your skin. Beauty from the inside out! You may spend lots of money on skin care but if you eat a nutrient deficient diet; your skin will show it! One of the most effective ingredients in a Bride Fit diet for gorgeous skin, beautiful hair and strong nails is collagen.
What is collagen? Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is responsible for giving skin elasticity, hair its strength, and connective tissue it’s ability to hold everything in place.
While collagen has many benefits such as, repairs leaky gut, reduces appearance of cellulite and stretch marks, reduces anxiety, protective for heart disease, improves alcohol related liver damage, reduces joint pain and boosts metabolism, this study shows it’s the key to reversing signs of aging in the skin and the secret supple skin and a glowing complexion.
It was shown in this study that women taking collagen peptides daily for eight weeks showed significant improvement in skin health and appearance.
Here’s the best way to get collagen in your diet:
- Bone Broth. When you eat bone broth, you’re eating cooked collagen. This is a powerful way to restore collagen in your skin and make those wrinkles disappear. There are lots of skin care products with “collagen” on the label, but eating (or drinking) collagen is more potent. In addition, gelatin derived from the collagen you get in bone broth heals your digestive track that prevents inflammation and aging skin. Making your own batch of bone broth made from the bones of grass fed cows or pastured chickens is a simple but if you don’t have the desire or time I recommend this company to get the best sourced and delicious broth. SautÃ©ing vegetables, using in place of water when preparing rice and quinoa, and simply drinking a cup are easy ways to get in your diet.
- Collagen Protein Powder. When purchasing make sure you get a grass-fed, pasture-raised version that doesn’t contain chemicals or antibiotics. I use this brand and add a scoop daily in my coffee, which has zero affect on the taste!
- Eat Collagen Rich Foods. Omega-3-rich fish like salmon, grass-fed meat, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, spinach, kale, beets, tomatoes, red peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes, and garlic all support collagen production.
I hope you add collagen to your diet and reap the many benefits that go along with it! I want you to look fit & fabulous on your big day in addition to feeling amazing and living in optimal health. For the roadmap to getting “wedding dress ready” and living “happily & healthily ever after” with your fiancÃ© get my on-line program for Exceptional Brides today! Have a healthy & happy week!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (View more)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017