To allow your mind to dwell on difficulty or trouble and being in a state of uncertainty over actual or potential problems is called worry. This common emotion seems innocent, but what if I told you that worrying would cause weight gain, skin breakouts, exhaustion, low libido, cranky moods and stomach issues? On top of those undesirable side effects, worrying about things that are not in your control will never change the outcome! The one thing worrying will do is steal your joy and peace; guaranteed!
I’ve had brides tell me over and over about how worried they are about the opinions of friends and family or about the outcome of decisions that were already made for their big day. The details that brides agonize and overthink are robbing them of the fun and excitement of this once in a lifetime event, so if you are one of those brides I’m talking about, please STOP!
We learn behaviors and beliefs from our upbringing and people that we surround ourselves with. Usually people that worry are very caring and thoughtful people but the truth is they are only hurting their health by worrying.
Seems clear and simple but not always easy to stop if that is your habit. Here are some strategies to try to combat this emotion that is not serving your goals for a Bride Fit body & mind:
- Exercise. Even as little as walking 3 x’s per week for 30 minutes is shown to reduce anxiety dramatically.
- Don’t overthink things. When making decisions for your big day, or any decision, go with your “gut” and move on!
- Let go. You can’t control how others act or respond. You are only in control of your actions and thoughts.
- Pleasure. Take time for pleasure activities like dance or singing classes, or whatever brings you joy.
- Laugh. This is a very underrated stress release and it’s really great for your health.
I think this quote is perfect to look at when you’re feeling overwhelmed;
God grant me
To accept the things
I cannot change;
The courage to change
The things I can;
And the wisdom
To know the difference
Check out my program 12 Weeks to a Fit Bride program for the roadmap to get wedding dress ready and the secrets to living “happily & healthily ever after.” Make sure you stop and smell the roses today and everyday! Enjoy this very special and exciting time in your life!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017