Ready. Set. Go! I love September; back to school, football, jeans & boots weather around the corner. The week following Labor Day is the perfect time to dial in and get focused on your fitness goals and getting wedding dress ready.
Summer is a time of longer days, fun in the sun, beach & pool, happy hours and barbeques. We all tend to eat and drink a little more than normal and exercise a bit less. Hopefully you had a summer filled with great times with friends, family and your fiancÃ© and created life long memories.
If you used some tips on how to get through the holiday weekends without sabotaging your Bride Fit program then you more than likely remained status quo during the summer months. Don’t worry if the numbers on the scale went up a little or you went off your fitness routine, you’ll get back on track and up your game quickly if you apply these tips:
- Drink water. Drink ½ your body weight in ounces per day. Prepare your water bottles in the morning and make it a rule to start the day with a glass before coffee. Drinking throughout the day will ensure better absorption so don’t go the whole day with zero water and then guzzle your daily intake at one time.
- Eat real food. Lose the empty calories that are giving you zero nutrition, like bread and pasta. Eat some protein and good fat in the morning to keep you satiated, like eggs, avocados and high quality protein shakes.
- Gut health. Starting the day with a product like GI Revive (use discount code: DOC20 for 20% off) or 4 ounces of Organic Aloe Vera Juice (tastes great on ice with fresh lemon) will heal your “gut.” This is crucial for your health and ability to release fat. Taking a high quality probiotic and eating fermented foods is also important for maintaining a healthy gut.
- Walk. Aim for 10,000 steps per day. Download an app that calculates your steps, it’s a great motivator! Get up 15 minutes earlier and get outside and walk after or before your water and coffee. It will jumpstart your steps for the day and the active meditation will get your day started on the right foot.
- Clean out your refrigerator. When you rid your fridge of expired sauces and dressings, leftovers shoved in the back and items that aren’t supporting your Bride Fit program, magical things happen! When you open your fridge, seeing clean shelves filled with prepared healthy food, like raw nuts, cleaned and cut vegetables and fresh fruit will ensure healthy choices.
- Throw out the junk. Go through the cabinets and throw out the processed food like cookies, crackers and chips. Replace with healthier versions like Mary’s Gone Crackers, protein bars made with real ingredients, 80% cacao or higher dark chocolate. It’s a guarantee that you will get hungry and if you have “trigger foods” easily available you will make the wrong choices.
- Plan & Prepare. This is the most important step. Think ahead; pack lunches and know what’s for dinner. When going out to eat, Google the menu ahead so you can mindfully make choices.
- Hire a personal trainer or join a small group training class. A side effect for lifting weights is releasing fat.
- Jumpstart Cleanse. This is a great way to lose the carb/sugar cravings. I don’t recommend any crazy detox pill or gimmicky programs. Simply eliminating all fake food and processed carbs for 5-7 days will reset your mind and body. I like this 7-day program and use it myself. Replacing 2 meals with a high quality and “clean” shakes, one meal with lots of veggies, some fat and protein in addition to healthy snacks if needed will jumpstart your wedding dress ready program.
- Get 7-9 hours of quality sleep. It’s a must for a Bride Fit Body and Mind!
I’m looking forward to supporting you in reaching your health and fitness goals this fall. Join 12 Weeks to a Fit Bride TODAY! You’ll be guided step by step on how to get wedding dress ready, look fit & fabulous on your big day and learn all the secrets to living ‘healthily & happily ever after’ with your partner!