The kitchen is the hub of the house where families and friends come together and connect. It’s the room that guests gravitate to and where we spend a great deal of time. Having your kitchen set up to make preparing, cooking and storing healthy & delicious whole food as simple as possible will make the process enjoyable and easy. How we eat-including how we prepare and store our food-is a significant part of our health. Healthy and well-nourished people are happier, better partners and have more fulfilling and meaningful relationships. There are many factors that contribute to making our body and mind healthy, and the kitchen is one of them. That’s where the real magic happens!
Let’s go over the must have appliances in a BRIDE FIT HOME. These are items that are perfect for you Bridal Registry. Here’s my favorite must have’s:
- Food Processor– a food processor can grind, puree, mix, and do all the chopping for you. These are the reasons why it can do all sorts of recipes that are not just delicious, but healthy too, because you are in total control of the ingredients.
- Blender- having a high-end blender like a Blendec in your kitchen will make creating smoothies, soups, sauces, dressings and even frozen treats super easy. Preparing your own dressings means big money savings in addition to being healthier because you can add the highest quality ingredients of your choice. The bottle versions in the store are usually made with high fructose corn syrup and unhealthy industrialized oils. Which happen to be two of the top ingredients that need to be eliminated or drastically reduce from your diet to achieve and maintain a BRIDE FIT BODY & MIND. The same applies with making your own protein shakes and smoothies. You will save ½ the amount of money you may spend at the gym smoothie bar and be in control of the quality of ingredients that you use. This is a higher priced blender but it really is a one-stop shop for countless healthy creations. Perfect item for a “group gift” for friends or family to chip in for.
- Nutibullet or Ninja- this is a great alternative to the more versatile but more expensive blender. It’s a great choice if you and your partner are mainly interested in using a blender to make shakes or smoothies. It is also a great addition to the Blendec since it’s portable.
- Crock Pot- create delicious and nutritious meals super easy! It’s impossible to mess up a meal in a slow cooker; it’s a miracle worker! Basically you throw your ingredients in and slow cook your dinner while you’re at work or going about the day only to come home to the house filled with mouthwatering, amazing aroma’s, and the best part; dinner is ready! You will be using this appliance often, trust me! This is definitely on my “cannot live without list!”
- Water Filter- drinking clean purified water is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your health. We usually worry about water when we travel but we completely overlook the dangers in the water that comes out of our kitchen faucets or from the plastic water bottles we drink out of. There are different systems available from “point-of-entry” (POE) systems, which treat all the water entering the house or “point-of-use” (POU) systems, which treat water at the single tap. Point-of-us systems are usually located under a sink, on a counter top, or on the faucet itself. Check out The Environmental Working Group and search water filters for valuable research and information. Use a stainless steel or glass water bottle for your filtered water and keep the water flowing all day! It’s hard to avoid buying and drinking out of plastic water bottles, but being mindful of the dangers of plastic especially when heated is important. You know when you leave water bottles in the car? Think about the transportation and storage of the bottles before you buy them. Drinking water is really important for health and fat release. Stainless steal or glass is always the best choice for storage of water and food but if drinking from the plastic bottles is your best choice sometimes, that’s okay!
Changing gears, let’s discuss the microwave oven. This is topic is of great confusion and debate in regards to the safety and healthiness of using a microwave for cooking and heating food. This is one of those areas that I encourage people to use their common sense and intuition. Personally I use a microwave oven but rarely. Although convenient and quick, my gut tells me that warming or cooking my food with electromagnetic waves isn’t the healthier choice. If and when you use a microwave to heat or cook do not stare at it like a TV screen because it can leak significant amounts of electromagnetic radiation (EMF’s). In addition, do not use plastics of any kind in the microwave since heating plastic causes the toxic chemicals to leach out and into your food. There are some microwave alternatives to consider: 1. Turbo Convection Oven can be used to heat or cook. Everything you need to make more nutritious meals in less time. 2. A Pressure Cooker allows you to cook foods much faster. It works with steam pressure. It’s a sealed pot, with a lot of steam inside that builds up high pressure, which helps food cook faster. 3. For warming food, a Crock-Pot Lunch Warmer has a cordless design, which allows you to conveniently tote from home to wherever you go. Food will gently heat and maintain a desirable temperature. Perfect to bringing healthy dinner leftovers to work for lunch. 4. A hot water dispenser is an alternative to heating up water in the microwave. It provides instant hot water for oatmeal, tea, instant coffee or anything else that requires hot water.
Having the right appliances to make healthy food preparation and cooking simple is one of the keys to success in your journey to create a BRIDE FIT HOME.