The holidays bring opportunities to spend time with family and friends, which is a positive thing. Unfortunately, those gatherings are usually centered around lots of food and drinks that have the potential to set back or derail your Bride Fit program. In addition, the stress that the holidays bring with may contribute to emotional and impulsive eating. I want to give you some strategies to help keep you on track with your ‘wedding dress ready’ Bride Fit body goals, without sacrificing the festivities and travel in the next few weeks.
Holiday house parties usually include lots of empty calorie and easy to overeat temptations such as crackers, salted nuts, chips & dip, pretzels, bite size appetizers, and cookies that may be loaded with calories. Here are my favorite tips when headed out to a house party:
- Bring food that fits into your nutritional plan, such as shrimp cocktail, vegetable platter with homemade dip or guacamole, or buffalo chicken meatballs.
- Don’t go to the party starving or you will be munching away on all the complex carb ladened snacks while drinking your first cocktail! Eating something like this vegetable soup an hour before you leave will ensure a full belly on very little calories to curb your appetite.
- Commit to drinking a glass of water in-between each alcoholic drink. This will slow you down and force you to be more mindful.
- Stay away from the chocolate martinis and drinks that contain cream, syrups, or sugary soda, and stick to clear alcohol and club soda, or white wine which you can add club to in-between. Overdrinking is easy to do so applying these tips will help you to not overdo the alcohol which usually leads to overeating due to your defenses being down.
- If you have alcohol drinks take a couple of these before bed to avoid the negative effects, you’ll be ready for your workout the next day!
- Discuss what time you want to leave ahead of time with your partner and stick to it. Staying too late and getting overtired is a recipe for bad decisions!
Traveling by car or airplane is another situation that is best navigated by planning ahead. Getting hungry and being at the mercy of what the airport or rest stops offer is not a good idea. Here is my best tip to stay on your Bride Fit plan while traveling:
- Pack turkey/beef jerky (I like EPIC meat snack products), protein bars such as RX and Oatmega, raw nuts in snack bags (measured servings of ¼ cup), protein powder, shaker bottle with whisk ball, ready to drink protein shakes, and jared/canned fish for an easy protein to add to salad.
The holiday season is a time to establish new yearly traditions with your fiance that will provide cherished memories for years to come, however, it can be a stressful time as well, so take time for meditation and self care.
I hoped these tips helped you, please share your experiences and any other tips in the comments below. For the roadmap to get ‘wedding dress ready,’ and learn all the secrets to living ‘happily & healthily’ ever after, get my online program for Exceptional Brides TODAY! Have an amazing week:)
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (View more)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017