Most brides want to be wedding dress ready and look fit & fabulous on the Big Day! Even with a regular exercise plan and compliance to a solid nutritional program, your attempt to getting in the best shape of your life can be derailed. You may have “Rushed Bride Syndrome” which will stimulate the release of fat Storing hormones versus fat Burning hormones.
Being stressed out and running around like a mad woman, trying to make sure everything is perfect and everyone is happy, is not supporting your goal to achieve a Bride Fit Body! When we are in constant stress we activate the sympathetic nervous system, which is when our bodies go into “fight & flight”. This serves well if you are in burning building and need to get out, or if a car is approaching you at a high speed as you cross the street. Unfortunately, your body doesn’t know the difference between the stress of a life or death scenario or the stress of staring at the seating arrangements and trying to figure out how to place friends and family in order to make everyone happy. Being in a constant state of emergency not only supports gaining belly fat but also will steal the joy of planning your wedding. Worrying about details that your have no control over, like how someone is going to react to your decisions for your wedding (notice the word YOUR), does not prevent the possibility of other’s being angry or disappointed. However it will take away your peace. Women tend to be people pleasers and brides are no exception. By letting go of the need to get the approval from others and making decisions that make you and your fiancÃ© happy will activate the parasympathetic nervous system. In a “rest & digest” state, fat Burning hormones are stimulated to be released. As a bonus, your man will really appreciate your happier & lighter mood that makes you fun & playful which creates desire in him. In contrast to having a cranky & intense mood that will result in him labeling you a Bridezilla!
You may be asking yourself how it’s possible to be cool, calm and collective planning a wedding. After all, it’s the biggest event in your life where you will be the centerpiece. Here are some strategies:
- Self Care. This is really important to cope with stress. Regular massage, restorative sleep, and making time for participating in activities such as a dance, art or acting class. Whatever makes you happy! The point is that you do it for pure pleasure and it’s not attached to the “to do” list.
- Let go of the need for approval. It is impossible to please everyone from your mother, family, friends and in-laws. Don’t ask everyone’s opinion on what colors they prefer or choices of appetizers they like, it’ll just confuse you! This is your day!
- Don’t lament over decisions too long. Especially over one’s you already made. Trust your gut, make the decision and move on!
- Taking deep diaphramic breathes throughout the day, especially when your feel the stress monster coming up.
- Get outside! Walking in nature, focusing on the beauty and breathing in the air reduces stress.
I want to encourage you to enjoy the process of planning your wedding and soak in all the excitement. By keeping stress at a minimum will support all your efforts at getting wedding dress ready and feeling Fit & Fabulous on the Big Day!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017