I’m not talking about a secret diet, pill or workout that will make the fat melt away. If you’ve been following my blogs, you know that getting the Bride Fit body you desire doesn’t happen over night and includes eating delicious whole food and moving your body. There is however a BIG SECRET that can be the game changer in your fat loss journey that will produce amazing results and even better- you will experience happiness and satisfaction along the way, not just when you reach the destination!
The best news is that this SECRET doesn’t cost any money, involve physical exertion, and anyone can have it! The only requirement is that you have a desire to have a healthy, fit, and fabulous body and willing to choose positive thoughts about where you are now. That seems like a simple formula but it’s not always easy to shift your thoughts to positive when you are in the flow of feeling negative about your body and constantly punishing yourself because you were “bad” and have “no willpower.” You know the never-ending cycle of reward and punishment based on how much you sacrificed the “bad and tasty” food for the “good and plain” or if you tortured yourself, or not, with hours of cardio at the gym.
The BIG SECRET is the Law of Attraction, which isn’t really a secret!
The Law of Attraction says the reality and everything around us is what we have created within our own mind. Our minds are essentially in control of all that we see happening outside of us and as a result, we are completely capable of choosing which direction our life takes. This is regardless of whatever our external circumstances may be.
Whatever we focus our attention on becomes BIGGER! If you are focused on how fat and lazy you are? Based on the Law of Attraction you will bring more fat and laziness into your reality! This may sound a bit “woo woo” but it works every time! My challenge to you is to try it, you really have nothing to lose except fat! And the side effect to positive thoughts is feeling happy and good so it’s not a bad deal!
I believe this is the main reason brides don’t reach their “wedding dress ready” body goals. Yep, the reason is your mindset. This is great news because you are in complete control. It’s not about going over your calorie target, missing a workout or your “fat genes.”
It’s understandable that women feel this pressure from society to have “perfect” bodies because we are bombarded with images of that make us think that thin and slender equals happiness. This is NOT true but what we think about over and over becomes our belief.
I’m suggesting to start “crowding out” the negative thoughts you may have about your body and ability to release fat with thoughts and words that make you feel really good. The key is that you have to believe what you say. Just by repeating mantras that you have zero belief in won’t work so find some things that are true and start there. Here are some examples:
- Instead of, “I hate my… legs, arms, butt, stomach.” SAY– “I appreciate my body and all it does for me! For example, “My legs take me wherever I want to go and never fail me.”
- Instead of, “I look so fat in this dress.” SAY– “I love how I look and feel when I wear….” Find something or buy some clothes that you feel amazing it right now!
- Instead of, “I can’t eat anything ‘good’ when I’m on a ‘diet,’ I hate ‘diet food,’ I’m starving!” SAY- “I love how I feel when I eat healthy food that tastes delicious. Eating whole food makes me feel energized and nourished.”
- Instead of, “I hate exercising, it’s so hard and exhausting.” SAY– “I know that when I choose to exercise smart, I am closer to reaching my goal of a ‘wedding dress ready body’ and I always feel great after my workouts.”
Another powerful tool is to visualize how you look at your target weight and exciting things that go along with looking and feeling fit & fabulous. Make a Pinterest board with images of beautiful food, fun workouts, flattering clothes and bodies of healthy and happy women!
With a shift from negative thoughts to positive thoughts will change your beliefs. A belief is only a thought that you keep thinking about! By believing you are a beautiful bride inside and out will create a momentum in the right direction. I promise you will feel inspired to exercise, plan and prepare healthy food, get quality sleep, and laugh more because it’s in alignment with your goals. You will desire and be inspired to do things that support your new belief- you are awesome and valuable right now!
For the roadmap to getting ‘wedding dress ready’ and the secrets to living happily & healthily join my on-line program for Exceptional Brides today! Have a great week!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017