Two brides chatting about getting “wedding dress ready.” The first one says, “ I want to be fit, fabulous & healthy for the big day.” The second one says, “I intend to be fit, fabulous & healthy for the big day.”
The difference in those two statements is subtle but crucial! Which one do you think is going to get fit, fabulous & healthy? Yep- the one who intends it.
Wanting is simply wishing you can have or do a particular thing. Intending means you’re committed to achieving something by making a plan for success – and sticking to it!
The fuel for Desired Results
The key to intention is action – try this to build your intention muscle:
- Get clear on what you want. Create a vision board by gathering images and words that pertain to your goal. Make a collage on poster board and hang in a spot where you’ll see it often, or you can use a digital vision board like Pinterest.
- Do something to make your desire happen. Let’s say you want to release fat and gain muscle. Your first action may be to block out the time on your calendar to walk for thirty minutes per day, three days per week. Inquire about hiring a personal trainer or joining a small group weight training class.
- Celebrate your achievement! Don’t forget to congratulate yourself for meeting your goal.
How to Have a Great Day… Every Day!
Did you know that you could set an intention to have a great day? Being happy & positive is a decision (not an accident) and a key to achieving a Bride Fit Mind.
Rather than diving into your day and hoping you’ll achieve your day’s big goal, why not take a moment and set yourself up for success?
Try this “setting an Intention to Succeed” exercise used by professional athletes, speakers, politicians and performers:
- Upon waking, lie in bed and think about what you have planned for your day (or, find a quiet spot to sit and contemplate).
- Think about your desired outcome. Take a deep breath and visualize yourself succeeding.
- Replay your success several times in your mind.
- Next, add other senses, including sounds, smells, and touch. For instance, imagine the physical sensation of your improved energy and happier moods because you are sticking with your exercise routine and healthier eating habits.
- Lastly, replay the scene again, adding emotions. Feel your elation of putting on your dream wedding dress and looking like the confident and beautiful bride that you are!
Get Even Healthier!
Do you intend to lose weight, eat healthy, and feel fantastic for the big day? Make a plan to succeed by getting the support you need! Start by investing in my 12 WEEKS TO A FIT BRIDE program and commit to follow the recommendations laid out to ensure you are “wedding dress ready” and set up to live “happily & healthily” ever after with your fiancé. As a Bride Fit Coach, I specialize in helping brides make their goals a reality. My goal is to empower you with information and strategies to not only get in the best shape of your life for your Big Day but sustainable health & happiness for “ever after.” Contact me with any questions about the Fit Bride Program and a personal consultation. Ready to get started?