The Senate Appropriations Committee has recently voted to add an amendment to the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act that would prevent Veterans’ Affairs from denying treatment to veterans based on their use of legal cannabis. The amendment will prevent discrimination against certain veterans who use medicinal marijuana by blocking the VA from using any funds to stop veterans from accessing marijuana through other health care providers.
This would be a major step for veterans because studies show that one in five veterans use cannabis for medical or physical treatments, and they shouldn’t have to face negative backlash for this, especially considering that the opiate death rate for veterans is nearly double the national average and suicide rates are 50 percent higher.
This amendment will allow veterans to access cannabis without restrictions or interference by the VA and will prevent unnecessary deaths by giving an alternative to highly addictive and dangerous opiates. This amendment, however, will not allow the sale, possession, or dispensing of cannabis on Veteran Affairs’ property, which is and will remain prohibited. In order for the amendment to be passed, it will need to be included into the Veterans Affairs final Fiscal Year 2019 bill.
The Senate is moving closer to requiring the VA to not deny medical care to vets who use cannabis #HealthStatus
- 1Recently, the Senate Appropriations Committee voted on adding a clause to the Veteran Affairs annual spending bill.
- 2This add-on would make it permissable for veterans to use cannabis as a treatment plan for emotional and physical ailments.
- 3It would give this permission by protecting marijuana users and making it illegal to treat them any different from non-marijuana users
See the original at: https://herb.co/marijuana/news/va-doctors-veterans-medical-marijuana
Get the only CBD oil certified by The Hemp Authority. unKanni CBD Oil, organic, non-GMO, grown, extracted and bottled in the USA.
unkanni’s Hemp Farms are in Denver, Colorado.We chose Colorado to source our CBD isolate because they adhere to the strictest regulation in all of the US.Colorado has the best ground to grow the raw materials of our product because they haven’t had the decades of pesticides used by some of the other cash crop states.
We monitor and track every batch of isolate CBD to our pharmacy in Indianapolis, IN where our pharmacists make our CBD products.Our formulas are designed to designed intently to optimize the spectrum of benefits of the CBD extract.
Latest posts by unKanni CBD (see all)
- CBD Oil — Less Pain, Better Sleep, And More Relaxation! - October 23, 2018
- How CBD Dabs Are Making Dabbing Accessible To Everyone - October 18, 2018
- Natural Pain Relief: Why CBD Might Be Better Than Opiates - October 16, 2018