In America dogs are more than just pets, they are family. Often, dogs can suffer from many different kinds of illnesses and pains- and people spend thousands of dollars to find cures for their beloved dogs. There are several ways to manage and treat a dog’s ailments, and the use of CBD oil may be one of them. While it is more popular with holistic medicine to treat a variety of illnesses in humans, there are some studies that show that CBD can be used to treat dogs.
Most of the studies are focused on treating dogs with arthritis, however, a recent study from Cornell University shows that it can alleviate other symptoms. Chelsea Riviera, the co-founder of Honest Paws, saw the effects first hand with her Maltipoo who suffered from seizures. After a month of using CBD, her Maltipoo showed great improvement.
Although veterinarians cannot prescribe cannabis products to dogs, some have seen first-hand the positive effects of the product. Dr. Gary Ritcher says “I have seen CBD and other forms of cannabis be very effective…it can help with everything from pain to soreness to stress.” Moreover, the dosage of CBD oil varies but is usually dependent on the animal’s size and age. Distributing CBD to dogs may prove difficult but the most effective way to administer it is orally where the oil can be absorbed through the tissues in the mouth. Currently, there are no known negative effects of CBD oils with the exception of drowsiness.
CBD Oil isn’t only a trending product for human use…dogs are also seeing some benefits. #HealthStatus
- 1. Providing pet owners with all natural, lab-tested CBD oil, infused chews, and other treats for dogs and cats.
- 2. With a growing list of potential health benefits and no known side effects, CBD is gaining in popularity among US consumers and their pets. While the research is more robust for humans, promising results.
- 3. With CBD products for pets easily available online from companies. People don’t understand the difference between CBD and medical cannabis,” explained Dr. Richter.
See the original at https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/vet-talks-cbd-oil-dogs
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Hemp Will Change The World: Meet Drew - July 19, 2019
- Buying CBD Oil Online vs. Buying CBD Oil Offline - July 18, 2019
- CBD For ADHD: What Does Science Say About CBD & ADD? - July 17, 2019