According to a double blind study conducted by a Brazilian university, CBD (cannabidiol) shows strong potential for reducing anxiety in human’s. Previous double blind studies were conducted only on rats, and this study conducted by the Brazilian team is one of the first successfully executed studies using CBD on humans.
According to the article, approximately 57 participants received an approximately 150mg dose, or a 600mg dose of CBD prior to giving a speech in public. After completing the talk, they filled out a survey that indicated their stress levels. A control group, which was also part of the 57 participants, and which was given a placebo, went through the exact same process.
The survey results revealed a statistically significant reduction in anxiety for the CBD group compared against the control group. Participants that took the CBD reported feeling a greater sense of calm during the speech, compared against the control group which consistently indicated a higher level of stress and duress on their surveys. And perhaps most revealing, those who received the high level dose of the CBD reported the more significant reductions in stress levels during the presentation. The results are hopeful and speak to the potential of CBD’s continued role in anxiety management alternative.
With legal cannabis enabling research, science continues to find good uses for the entire plant #HealthStatus
- 1CBD did reduce the participant’s anxiety levels in a public speaking test.
- 2CBD had previously demonstrated anti-anxiety effects in animals.
- 3In this trial 300 mg of CBD was the sweet spot of effectiveness.
See the original at: https://thejointblog.com/new-study-confirm-the-anxiolytic-like-properties-of-cbd/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021