One of the oldest industrially useful crops known to man is hemp. It’s only been in the last century, literally about a hundred years or so, that hemp has become a demonized plant. Now that legalization is starting to sweep not just the United States, but the world as well, hemp is returning to the fold of industrial options.
Marijuana and hemp are varieties of the same plant, cannabis sativa. But they’re not the same plant once cultivated. Marijuana is the psychoactive version of the plant, grown and processed for the THC content in its leaves. Hemp is the non-psychoactive variety, with a THC level that’s considerably lower. Less than one percent in fact, compared to marijuana’s up to thirty percent. Hemp, however, is high in CBD compounds, which are medically valuable even though they lack the high effect of THC.
When processed, hemp is a fiber that can be used in almost any process where another fiber might be used. From clothing to paper to cordage, it can be treated just as other fibers can. And, as an organic material, it can be processed into bio-fuel products, folded into construction materials such as concrete, and even find uses in the cosmetic industry as part of makeup or skin products.
Hemp is not marijuana. From clothing to paper to fuel, hemp is a miracle fiber with a lot of uses. #HealthStatus
- 1Industrial hemp produces many products here in the United States and is legal in all states.
- 2Hemp contains high levels of CBD which is non-psychoactive cannabinoid, which is shown to be effective for pain management.
- 3More research needs to be done on the benefits of hemp, and full legalization of the marijuana plant would be a good start.
See the original at: https://www.cbdschool.com/what-is-industrial-hemp/
Get the only CBD oil certified by The Hemp Authority. unKanni CBD Oil, organic, non-GMO, grown, extracted and bottled in the USA.
unkanni’s Hemp Farms are in Denver, Colorado.We chose Colorado to source our CBD isolate because they adhere to the strictest regulation in all of the US.Colorado has the best ground to grow the raw materials of our product because they haven’t had the decades of pesticides used by some of the other cash crop states.
We monitor and track every batch of isolate CBD to our pharmacy in Indianapolis, IN where our pharmacists make our CBD products.Our formulas are designed to designed intently to optimize the spectrum of benefits of the CBD extract.
Latest posts by unKanni CBD (see all)
- CBD Oil — Less Pain, Better Sleep, And More Relaxation! - October 23, 2018
- How CBD Dabs Are Making Dabbing Accessible To Everyone - October 18, 2018
- Natural Pain Relief: Why CBD Might Be Better Than Opiates - October 16, 2018