Before worrying about where to buy CBD oil, it’s essential that you know what product you are looking for. Are you eyeing for the cannabis variation or the industrial hemp version of CBD oil? You can start by answering these two questions. Once you figured out which one to buy, then you can go ahead and search for credible sources or sellers either online or in retail stores near you.
Let us review the difference between the two major sources of CBD, which are hemp and marijuana. Again, CBD can come from marijuana flowers or from the leaves of a hemp plant. A lot of people believe that CBD derived from marijuana is stronger. One major reason might be the tendency of CBD or cannabidiol to interact with THC or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is the most potent compound found in marijuana. It is also present in the hemp plant, but in far less quantity (<0.3%) than in marijuana (5%-35%). Nonetheless, CBD derived from the hemp plant demonstrates helpful medical benefits.
Now that we’ve determined the difference between the two major sources of CBD, we can move on to the primary concern in this article: Where can we buy CBD oil?
Buying CBD oil can be as tricky as knowing what type of CBD product you are looking for. But, guess what? The complexity that surrounds the question as to where you can buy CBD is a bit more overwhelming than you could imagine.
In purchasing CBD products, shoppers are faced with the option of choosing from the three CBD variants: CBD isolate, full spectrum CBD and broad spectrum CBD.
A full spectrum CBD may not be the best choice considering the legality of THC in your place. In this case, just focus your attention in looking for products made of CBD isolate or broad spectrum CBD.
Finally, to answer your question CBD oils can be purchased in physical retail stores, though the options might just be limited. If you are living in a populated state, chances are there are more than enough CBD retail stores for you to choose from.
If you have extra time to spend on the internet, you can search for several online stores that sell CBD oils. We recommend the unKanni brand of CBD, found here.
If you want to search further, there are important things to consider that can help you in choosing the right physical store or online shop for you.
Things to Consider in Buying CBD
- The amount of THC in the product
- It is crucial to know, depending on the state, that the amount of THC in a product for it to be legal is 3%-5% or less. This should not concern you if you are living in any of the 9 states in the US where marijuana is legal.
- Product report conducted by a 3rd party laboratory
- You should be able to find the lab report anywhere on the website if the product has been tested. Or in some cases, companies would only show their lab reports if you submitted a formal request. Feel free to reach out to them.
- The source of the hemp
- Knowing where the hemp plant came from and how it was cultivated are also important factors to consider. Needless to say, the quality of the CBD would be greatly affected by the quality of the hemp where the CBD was extracted from.The hemp can be sourced from several places, including China, Europe, and the United States. Considering the nutrient-rich soil in the US and the strict cultivation standards, we can say that it’s the best location to cultivate hemp. In other words, it’s also the best place to source hemp. In addition, it’s much even better if the hemp farm is part of the Pilot Programs in Kentucky, Colorado, or North Carolina.
- The reputation of the company
- A company’s reputation reflects the quality of products that they sell. Although it can be a superficial way, you can find out about a company’s standing just by reading reviews on their social media account or anywhere online. You can also ask around your neighborhood or your friends if they have experience with the company. Asking questions and doing a quick background check can definitely save you from companies selling low-quality CBD oils.
- The ingredients used in the product
- If a product doesn’t show its ingredients at all, that’s definitely another red flag. Moreover, if you find some unfamiliar ingredients in its packaging, you can do a quick search online to find out more about it. Pay special attention whether such ingredient causes serious side effects or not.You may also come across products with premium ingredients that were intentionally added to enhance the benefits that you could get. For example, you can find Vitamin B12 in CBD products that are being marketed for pain relief and Melatonin for CBD sleep capsules.
CBD oil is definitely on hype right now. So, it may not be surprising if there is a sudden sprout of companies out there selling CBD products. That is why it’s vital that you stay away from being an impulsive buyer. It really pays to know a lot about a store before purchasing from them. We hope that this article helps you somehow. And if you have more questions, don’t hesitate to send us an email or leave a comment below.
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- How Sleep Is Different for Men and Women - November 19, 2019
- 3 Things That Won’t Help Your Baby Sleep: The Anti-Advice - November 7, 2019
- Hemp In China: A Hemp Growing Superpower - November 5, 2019