Psalm 78:72 says, “And David shepherded them with integrity of heart and with skillful hands he lead them.”
Several years ago I attended a dinner meeting. With the topic being how Christians can integrate their faith to have an impact at work.
That night the speaker made a statement that’s really impacted my life ever since. He said “we must be very very people.” What he was saying was that we must be very biblical and we must be very professional.
Well today’s verse tells us that David was not only a man of integrity but he worked with excellence. As people who are living for the Lord, we must be very biblically oriented. You know understand what the Bible has to say about work and we must be very good at what we do. In other words, we must be very very.
Well the most important thing that we can do to live out our faith in the marketplace is to earn credibility. And the best way to earn credibility is to be the very best at what we do. We ought to be at the top of our fields as Christians. And we ought to honor the Lord every step of the way. By doing the right things the right way. Today and everyday let’s be very very people.
If you do this you will be applying the Truth@Work.
- 1. What was most meaningful or impactful to you from this message?
- 2. How would you define “integrity”?
- 3. How would you define “excellence”?
- 4. Do you agree or disagree that the most effective way to live out your faith in the marketplace is earn and establish your credibility? Why do you answer as you do?
- 5. How can you be a “very very person” at work?
- 6. What other scriptures also indicate this principle?
Ray is also a highly sought after speaker at churches and retreats across America, where for years he has challenged followers of Christ to integrate their faith in and through the marketplace on a daily basis.He is also part of the speaking faculty for Orlando, Florida based “Man In the Mirror” ministry where he conducts seminars and retreats across the country.