Philippians 2:2 says, “…Now make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, and being in one spirit and purpose.”
See this winning team could be at work, your family, athletics, your church, wherever. Because these principles are universal, and they can be applied whenever you are working with people.
I remember the most fun I ever had in athletics was my junior year in high school. I was the catcher for our baseball team. We had a great year- ranked #2 in our state and we had a record of 25-2.
Now what I remember most is that the guys on our team really got along well together. You see we weren’t only teammates; we were great friends, always hanging out together. Our team was truly one that had spirit- because we were like-minded- and together in purpose.
You see when working with a team it’s critical that we’re like-mined and unified around the same purpose.
So Step #1 in Building a Winning Team is that
Everyone MUST Be “On the Same Page”
So I want you to consider calling A Team Meeting:
- 1Bring your team members together.
- 2Ask every one of them to write out how they would define “success” for your team.
- 3Determine if everyone is on “the same page.”
- 4Those that aren’t on that page with you must be dealt with immediately. They can either be moved to another team or help them get on the same page.
Remember, that if everyone is not together in spirit and purpose, the team’s going to flounder. Now it may be painful to “shake up the team” by dealing with a member who is not on the “same page” with the others, but in the long run, it is best to do so.
When you do this- you will be applying The Truth@Work.
- What does this message say to you?
- How would you define “success” for a “team” you are involved with, remembering that this could be at work, your family, athletics, or your church?
- Is there someone or some areas where you can work on becoming more of a team that has spirit and like-minded in purpose?
Ray is also a highly sought after speaker at churches and retreats across America, where for years he has challenged followers of Christ to integrate their faith in and through the marketplace on a daily basis.He is also part of the speaking faculty for Orlando, Florida based “Man In the Mirror” ministry where he conducts seminars and retreats across the country.