“Now let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”(Acts: 10:24)
We all need to be encouraged. Every one of us want to feel like we are appreciated and that we are making a positive contribution to our company, our community, and even to our family and friends.
Just a few days ago, I was talking with a client of mine, and he told me, in no uncertain terms, that he felt both he and his work were greatly unappreciated.
It was clear to me that he needed a word of encouragement.
Now in his book titled the “One Minute Manager”, Author Ken Blanchard makes this statement that: “We need to go out of our way to find someone doing something right.”
So here is your assignment today. Find someone doing something right, and then tell them about it.
- Maybe you could find your co-worker who is paying attention to the little details of an assignment, and compliment them…
- Or if you are married, maybe you could identify something that your spouse does that makes your life better, let them know how much you appreciate them for doing it.
- Or if you have children, tell them something they do well and encourage them to do more of it.
- Or in business maybe you could tell your customer/client that you greatly appreciate the integrity and the commitment in the way they do business.
So today I challenge you to verbally acknowledge and encourage 5 people, so that you can encourage them in good deeds.
When you do this, you will be applying The Truth@Work.
- 1What does this message say to you?
- 2Who in your life needs encouragement & how can you best do that for them?
- 3What scriptures can you have available for encouragement for yourself and others?
Join the conversation at truthatwork.org