Philippians 4:8 says, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honest, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is a good report; if there be any virtue, and there be any praise, think on these things.”
Staying Positive- especially when others are negative
Now, Perhaps the most critical aspect of being successful in life and business is maintaining that positive attitude
So I want to offer you 7 quick tips to help you remain positive in a negative world:
- Hang out with successful people – remember your gonna become like the people you spend your time with- so choose the right crowd
- When faced with a difficult problem or circumstance-don’t waste a lot of time or energy worrying about it- but rather ask yourself what you can learn from the situation
- Only give your energy to things you can influence and change- not things you can’t change
- Pour yourself into other people – if you will give of yourself rather than focusing on what you can get you’re gonna get far
- Give yourself a positive self-talk every day- it may be the only encouragement you get
- Spend quiet time alone- praying to God and focusing on recharging your batteries so you can be fresh the next day
- Several times every day- practice an attitude of gratitude by focusing on what you do have –not what you don’t have
You see these few simple tips are key to helping you overcome all the negativity that you face every day!
When you will apply these 7 disciplines- you will be applying the Truth@Work.
- 1What does this message say to you?
- 2Are you able to remain positive when a stressful situation arises? Why or why not?
- 3Which of the above tips do you need to work on and why?
- 4Can you think of other scripture that can help you remain positive?
Ray is also a highly sought after speaker at churches and retreats across America, where for years he has challenged followers of Christ to integrate their faith in and through the marketplace on a daily basis.He is also part of the speaking faculty for Orlando, Florida based “Man In the Mirror” ministry where he conducts seminars and retreats across the country.