Visual description of COPD, and how it effects the body. Very precise video showing the lungs and how the disease is actually the result of two sub conditions. Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema are detailed and how they combine to create COPD. Lifestyle choices that can increase one’s likelihood of developing the disease are discussed. As well as factors that can dramatically decrease one’s risk. Various treatments to increase one’s quality of life are described. Treatments of the disease and the two sub conditions are covered. While no cure is available the treatments are shown to increase quality of life, and slow the progression of COPD. Very informative video for anyone who has chronic bronchitis, emphysema, is a smoker, or who has a lifestyle that exposes them to constant dust or chemical inhalants.
Key Points of Video:
- 1COPD is the gradual, chronic loss of the ability to breathe effectively. Smoking is the leading cause of COPD, though it may also be caused by prolonged exposure to other irritants.
- 2If you have COPD, you have the 2 main diseases that make up the disease. Those are emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- 3Treatment is possible. It can slow the process of the disease and help the patient feel better. The most common treatments are quitting smoking, use of inhaled medicines, antibiotics, oxygen therapy, and surgery.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How To Fix Your Sleep Schedule: The Only Guide You Need - June 1, 2020
- Year-Round Habits For A Healthier Immune System - May 31, 2020
- Things To Expect In A Senior Living Facility - May 29, 2020