COPD is a surprisingly common yet somehow still unheard of lung condition that can be very serious and most often becomes more serious as time progresses. COPD manifests itself as a difficulty to exhale fully making the air you take in not nearly the quality, or fresh, as would be ideal. This is caused by mucus in excess around the alveoli in the lungs preventing effective gas exchange. This can make you feel winded and can be potentially dangerous in lowering the oxygen content of your blood.
Key Points of Video:
- 1COPD is a serious lung disease that gets worse over time
- 2Lungs work by small balloons filling up ad deflating oxygen. They get damaged under COPD, decreasing the amount of air in and out of the lungs.
- 3Simple changes like limiting physical activity can help your condition. Severe conditions may need hospitalization. Damage from lungs can’t be reversed.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What Causes Student Stress And How To Avoid It In College - February 21, 2020
- Science Reveals Fascinating Insights About Who We Are And Where We Come From - February 20, 2020
- What To Look For In Quality Chiropractic Graduate Schools - February 20, 2020