While it may not seem like a big deal, there are lots of little things at home that you can do to improve your overall happiness and well-being. This list of ten things you can do at home to improve your mood will pinpoint some overlooked things. For one, make your bed. Along with making your bed, you should take a few minutes each day to pick up your room; it’s been proven that clutter causes stress. Around your home, display sentimental items to remind you of happy memories. A gratitude journal, a place where you write what you are grateful for, can also boost your mood. Try to enjoy your chores at home, like doing the dishes and vacuuming. They may not be particularly enjoyable, but at least try to be in the moment when you do them. Also, setting goals for each day can give you a sense of purpose and control. Doing favors for members of your households, without an expectation of anything in return, can make you happier by building your relationships. Along the theme of friendships, be sure to call a friend or family member each day because we are social beings and need to feel like we have others around. You should spend money on things for the home to create memories and experiences there, like a board game to have friends over with. Finally, spend a few minutes a day going beyond yourself – spiritually or religiously – to see yourself as more than just you, but a piece of the universe.
- 1Cleaning and organizing your house can help bring order to a possibly disorganized life and world.
- 2Show off things that bring you joy and are sentimental to you and your loved ones.
- 3Write down things that you are thankful for to literally “count your blessings.”
See the original at: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/10-things-that-will-make-you-happier-at-home-174151
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018
- A Typical Communication Pattern of People with Alzheimer’s Disease - July 20, 2018
- Learning to Relax - July 20, 2018