Rebecca Brachman begins her speech by explaining how tuberculosis was originally a romanticized disease, even though it was truly caused by a bacterial infection. The original cure became the first accidental discovery of anti-depressant drug. Like tuberculosis, PTSD and other forms of depression have risen in diagnosis. Roughly 1 in 4 adults currently suffers from some for of depression. Drugs which have been re-purposed in the past to help combat depression tend to increase serotonin levels in the body. Prozak was created first, but drugs such as this have a long list of side effects. The newest drug hopes to truly fight the depression fight: Calypsol. Unlike its predecessors, it protects against stress instead of simply
Key Points of Video:
- 1One in four individuals in the US suffers mental illness today and we don’t know what causes it.
- 2Now in 2016 we still have no drugs that cure mental disorders, only drugs that suppress symptoms.
- 3Calypsol, a repurposed drug, is on the cutting edge of drugs used to treat mental disorders today and offers great hope.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018