Not only is gardening a great excuse to work some physical activity into your schedule, the herbs you could be tending are a way to directly affect your health in other ways. Today, we’re all facing stress at least some of the time; one way or another. And stress carries not only mental effects, but physical ones as well. Digging in the dirt and raising some specific kinds of greenery could help you live your life better.
Chamomile has a long history in herbal medicine, dating back to the early Egyptian and Roman civilizations. The herb contains apigenin, which is a compound that offers some mild sleep boosting properties. Picking and drying chamomile flowers can let you use them in a simple herbal tea, either alone or in combination with other herbs that will help you get a good night’s rest.
Lavender is one of those other herbs that might go well with chamomile. This herb can lower stress directly by working to reduce the levels of the hormones that cause stress in the body. Even the aroma of the herb has benefits, but with some simple preparation these effects can be boosted. Dry and grind the flowers, then apply them to your skin or drop in a tea infusion.
Stressing out? Try these herbs! #naturalmedicine #motherearth #stopstress #HealthStatus
- 1Growin herbs can provide health benefits without resorting to modern medicine.
- 2Herbs can be grown outdoors, but also within your own home.
- 3A variety of herbs like lavender and peppermint can provide health benefits.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021