Anxiety can be a crippling problem for many; one that those who do not suffer from extreme levels of it can struggle to understand. For many people, anxiety and excitement are often similar states of mind; and the one can lead to the other. When you deal with anxiety problems, a simple state of intense interest in something, excitement in other words, can trigger an anxious response that traps you in a mental health event it can be difficult to overcome.
Knowledge of this response can help you defeat it though. By recognizing what’s happening, and what can happen when the excitement begins, you can head it off and keep yourself from spinning into an out of control reaction that leaves you stuck trying unsuccessfully to keep calm.
The brain’s chemical reactions to excitement and anxiety are very similar; so there’s a medical reason why they feel the same to someone who deals with anxiety. And in some situations, such as a truly dangerous one, excitement that links to anxiety can make it more likely you’ll be able to respond appropriately and save yourself from possible injury, or worse. But in most circumstances, the link can leave you worse off. Understanding this lets you turn it around, and control it. Learn to see the signs before they overwhelm you, and maintain control over your reactions. This lets you position yourself for a more successful outcome, and keep from letting anxiety rule your life.
Anxiety and excitement are linked, but don’t let normal excitement trap you in a panic attack. #HealthStatus
- 1Anxiety and excitement come from the same place in your brain and involve the same chemical process.
- 2To combat anxiety make a chart with one side of bad thoughts and the other side good thoughts to cancel out/reward those thoughts.
- 3If you have anxiety before bed saying “Stop!” aloud can help remind you to think positive.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018