Brain science has some tidbits of information that people need to consider. The brain may actually be the source of many emotions that people feel. Previously, people thought that their emotions controlled many aspects of their lives. But new research suggests that the brain actually creates these emotions. That is a stark finding and one that is poised to shake things up a bit. Researchers have the data to back up these new claims.
Professor Lisa Feldman Barrett has worked to decipher the emergence of emotions for people. Facial expression mapping and brain scans were the basis of her research. That has yielded some important information that changes perspectives. Emotions can be identified and demonstrated in a research context. That should demystify the concept of emotions and help researchers understand the information better.
Previous research in psychology is useful for many important reasons. Professor Barrett was able to go back in to the archives for information. She has spent over 25 years doing research the will impress many readers. Her research team can contrast previous findings with those that she is cultivating. Brain scans have a lot to say about emotions too. Follow her work and get to know why it is important.
- 1Neither jurors nor anyone else can legitimately detect someone’s correct emotions.
- 2Despite what we think, not one of us understands how emotions work.
- 3Contrary to what most of us believe, emotions are not hard-wired.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019