The journey to self-love is discussed in this article and it is specifically targeting an audience who has suffered from an eating disorder in one form or another. The writer of this article has reached out to a few bloggers who have previously suffered from eating disorders and asked them to give advice for readers who are in the beginning stages in their journey to self-love. The most important things that I have gathered from all 10 points highlighted in this article is to surround yourself with people who love you, take a step back from social media, listen to your gut, ask for help when you need it, and to just let yourself off of the hook sometimes. recovering from an eating disorder is never easy. This article is such an easy read and will be extremely valuable for those who need to hear the advice.
- 1Paying attention to how you are feeling and what you need is important.
- 2The pull of your eating disorder to partake in harmful behaviors may seem appealing, but avoiding them is essential for wellness.
- 3Volunteer work can serve as a healthy distraction from negative self-talk and behaviors, provide intense emotional gratification and has been shown to help minimize stress and depression.
We would never criticize our friend if he or she made a little mistake like spilling a glass of water on the table, but we beat ourselves up over the smallest things. If you make a simple mistake, laugh it off and chalk it up to a moment of comic relief.
Read the full article at: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/blog/simple-ways-to-self-care-eating-disorder-recovery
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018
- A Typical Communication Pattern of People with Alzheimer’s Disease - July 20, 2018
- Learning to Relax - July 20, 2018