Starting in the 1940’s, animals have been used in order to provide assistance in improving individual’s physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) can help heal physical symptoms as well as social and mental issues. Some benefits are:
Lower blood pressure
Decrease heart rate
Improve social interactions
Improve self esteem
Children can use animal assisted therapy also and gain many benefits. It can help with increasing verbal and communication skills and also emotional benefits like confidence and self-esteem. Along with horses, other animals can be used for animal therapy, such as cats and dogs and even dolphins.
Most generally used for:
Improve overall well-being
You want to make sure you are not allergic to your animal partner and that the two of you are a good fit. And that the care of the animal doesn’t overwhelm you.
This AAT has been around a long time and has proven to work.
Struggling to heal? Try animal therapy they wont judge you. #HealthStatus
- 1Animal therapy is shown to reduce anxiety as well as blood pressure.
- 2Animals can provide emotional and psychological healing that traditional therapy is unable to provide.
- 3Companionship and comfort are accredited with helping with the healing process.
See the original at: https://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/blog/animal-therapy-right
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What Causes Student Stress And How To Avoid It In College - February 21, 2020
- Science Reveals Fascinating Insights About Who We Are And Where We Come From - February 20, 2020
- What To Look For In Quality Chiropractic Graduate Schools - February 20, 2020