Many of us will strive for perfection in one thing or another, every single one of us will fail. As noted in this article, perfection is an unobtainable illusion guaranteed to make you feel badly. Many people are born with a feeling that everything has to be perfect and in fact, they can make it perfect if it isn’t. This constant strive can lead to many unforeseen predicaments including tension and stress and lead to many missed opportunities while trying to achieve perfection. In fact, research has shown that this trait can even lead many of us to eating disorders and because of the stubbornness of this disorder, it can actually become detrimental to recovery when it comes these types of circumstances. While most will look at perfection as the ultimate achievement, studies show that this is an endless voyage of failure. Committing yourself to not be perfect and decreasing the need to be will lead to a longer, happier life.
- 1A sense of failure results from believing that anything but perfect is not good enough.
- 2Constantly striving for perfect results can lead to feelings of tension and stress.
- 3In general, perfectionism can cause you to miss out on opportunities to learn from mistakes and may ultimately get in the way of living a balanced, rewarding life.
Under the weight of extreme perfectionism, difficulty with a specific task may be generalized. This can quickly lead to self-criticism.
Read the full article at: https://eatingdisorder.org/blog/2016/03/perfectionism-aiming-for-an-elusive-target/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021