Stress very commonly leads to a number of negative and damaging habits. One of them is overeating, as the pressure leads us to look for ways to relieve it even temporarily. The satisfaction of foods is something we turn to, and that can cause not only pounds to pile on, but also trigger a feedback cycle where the disappointment in the changing physical condition creates even more stress.
Leaders or others who are in positions that require responsibility are particularly susceptible to the ravages of stress. Most in such roles are often in them for long periods of time, and the years of pressure can quickly mount. Some studies have shown that as many as one in four senior executives have measurably higher levels of stress, leading to greater rates of chronic anxiety and depression.
Stress may seem like just a mental issue, but it has physical effects. Highly stressed individuals often have changes in brain chemistry. It’s thought these changes may be involved in how so many such patients will seek to use food as an outlet for the pressure. Doctors and therapists have discovered that comfort eating offers only temporary relief, and at the price of worsening physical health. Those of us under regular stress should look for more productive ways of releasing it, to avoid long term problems.
When you’re stressed, you look for a release. When that’s food, and you overeat, it’s a problem #HealthStatus
- 125% of the CEO’s in America under the age of 50 suffer from increased depression and anxiety from their jobs.
- 2This increase in depression and anxiety can lead to coping mechanisms, one of which is comfort eating.
- 3Only 30% people react to stress by eating less – the remaining 70% react by eating more.
See the original at: https://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/blog/leadership-roles-comfort-eating
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of April 16th, 2021 are Here
- This Ultimate Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 3 Different Types Of Spinal Stenosis - April 1, 2021
- 3 Reasons People Use Organic Hand Soaps - February 24, 2021
- 3 Ways The Healthcare System Has Adapted To Remote Working - February 15, 2021