The cycle of trying to lose weight is a touch and go subject because some days you could lose two pounds, and then some days not lose any weight. Weight cycling could be dangerous for your heart if are not careful. The hard part is not losing the weight, but rather keeping the weight off. The advice I have is to eat healthy, check your blood pressure, and get active if you are serious about losing weight. Do not get discouraged if the weight loss is slow. I have personally tried to lose weight, I am in the normal weight range but I wanted to lose ten pounds, but I ended up gaining more weight back then what I lost. Keeping weight off is not easy. Keep working at it.
- 1For many, the quest to lose weight is a vicious cycle in which dieting is associated with weight lost, then weight gain. New research suggests this pattern may increase the risk of death from heart disease among postmenopausal women who were of normal weight at the start of the study.
- 2Evidence indicates that being overweight in midlife increases the risk of dying from two types of heart disease. In the first type, coronary heart disease, the blood vessels to the heart become blocked by fat and other substances, decreasing blood flow to the heart. In the second type, sudden cardiac death, the heart’s electrical system abruptly stops working, causing death.
- 3More research is needed before any recommendations can be made for clinical care regarding the risks of weight cycling, since these results apply only to postmenopausal women and not to younger-aged women or men,” Rasla said.
For many, the quest to lose weight is a vicious cycle in which dieting is associated with weight lost, then weight gain. New research suggests this pattern may increase the risk of death from heart disease among postmenopausal women who were of normal weight at the start of the study.
Read the full article at: https://psychcentral.com/news/2016/11/16/yo-yo-dieting-may-be-dangerous-for-all-sizes-shapes/112594.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021